VIETNAMESE TRADITIONAL CRAFT SITE
A re-creation of a traditional Vietnamese craft village is on display at the “old house” located at the tip of Cham Oasis Island. Here, we will introduce our local and international guests to the essence and cultural identity of the Vietnamese people through authentic handcrafted goods.
As a special treat, guests will have the opportunity to create their own handicrafts with the helping hands of our master artisans. Each artist specializes in a traditional Vietnamese profession. The artists and their craft preserve the rich and beautiful history of Vietnam – the story of the Vietnamese people.
- At Champa, hand embroidery is on display. The embroidery recognizes Vietnamese tradition and the skillful hands and rich creativity of the artists through a unique combination of embroidery and painting.
- Another tradition you will experience is the art of making traditional Vietnamese conical hats “leaf hats”, which is preserved through the Vietnamese craftsperson. The conical hat and "ao dai' dress is the iconic symbol of the Vietnamese woman.
- Cham pottery is considered to be one of the most ancient Southeast Asian craft that exists today. There are many steps to transform the sticky clay into a beautiful ceramic. And they were all made by bare hands of the women came from Bau Truc village - Ninh Thuan province.
- Hours of operation: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- Location: The “Ancient Houses” site